Agencies are forever taking speculative ideas to clients but it’s pretty rare that one ever gets made exactly as you first imagined it.
This piece of work has pretty much consumed my life for the past 3 months – it feels so very, very good to have finally put it to bed. The campaign objective was to help the Royal British Legion become relevant to a new generation of supporters. The idea: shoot a two minute silent video (featuring a mix of celebs and forces folk) and run a campaign to get silence into the UK charts for Remembrance Sunday. I’ve never been so proud of a piece of work.
I also never expected it to be such a big success. Plenty has been written about it already but here are my highlights:
- Over 200 offline pieces of media coverage
- Over 35,000 Facebook likes in 3 weeks
- Social media love and support from Coldplay, Radiohead, David Beckham, Stephen Fry and dozens of others.
- In just two weeks we secured appearances of 30 of the leading UK celebs (including David Cameron, Thom Yorke, Bryan Ferry, Plan B)
- I got to have a 2 hour private Mark Ronson gig at Hackney Empire. And I met the PM at 10 Downing St.
- Tens of thousands of singles sold online
- WE SECURED THE FIRST EVER COMPLETELY SILENT TOP 20 CHART HIT!
It’s still up on iTunes – why not buy yourself a copy.
Director: Matthew Donaldson @ 2AM Films
Digital design: Cubo Digital